Thursday, December 11, 2014

Baby Boy

Hello Chickadees!

Last week a couple from our bible study had a precious little baby boy. Since it's winter, I thought that a fitting present would be a baby sweater and booties.

I knit the Baby Sophisticate pattern, which is free on Ravelry. It was a lovely quick knit, and quite fun. Baby knits are awesome because they're so tiny, they hardly take any time at all! And they are incredibly adorable!


I knit this up using Loops and Threads Ringspun, which is a cotton/acrylic blend. It's machine washable, and super soft. It is a little finicky because it splits very easily, but I didn't mind knitting with it, and it was easier on my hands than some other cotton yarns I've used in the past.

Since it's sort of a "grandpa-style" sweater, I was hoping to find woven leather buttons, or something similar. I managed to find the perfect plastic buttons in my stash!


They loved it, and while it's a little big on him now, he'll grow into it quickly.

Do you make any baby presents? Do you have any favourite patterns to use?
Rachael

1 comment:

  1. That sweater is so cute! For baby gifts I usually make blankets. I'm actually working on two baby quilts right now.

    ReplyDelete