Monday, July 7, 2014

The Beach Dress

Hello Chickadees!

As promised, I'm back with a real blog post today. Things have been a wee bit crazy over here!

A great big thank you to my brother for these photos. We managed to sneak away to shoot while on vacation.


This dress is my perfect summer dress. It's easy to dress up or down, depending on how you style it. It's light and breezy. And it's comfy, but still makes me look put together. I adore it. And I love the lower neckline in the back. It makes me feel very glamorous!


This dress is a super frankenpattern. I took the bodice from Simplicity 2648, lengthened it by about 5/8ths of an inch, and adjusted the neckline in front and back. The skirt is a basic gathered skirt. I really hate sewing them because my machine HATES gathers, but they are the best to wear. They have the perfect amount of spin factor, without worrying about having your skirt go flying!



My favourite part of this dress is telling people that I made it out of a bed sheet. Sometimes you can find great fabric in the bedding section of the thrift store.

Bonus model shot. This is the photo that my mom loved the most from the shoot. I look so serious, and I'm fairly certain my brother and I were in the middle of a conversation at this moment.



I hope you are all having a lovely summer!

Love,
Rachael


1 comment:

  1. A great big thank you to my brother for these photos. We managed to sneak away to shoot while on vacation. wedding dresses websites

    ReplyDelete