Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year, New Goals

Hello Chickadees!

I hope the holidays have been good to you all, and full of friends and family. My holiday season was very busy, with too much delicious food, and incredible times with family.

As soon as January rolls around, everybody starts making "New Years Resolutions", and I am not exempt from that group. I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and post it here for the whole online world to see! Hopefully doing that will help to keep me accountable.

My goals this year:
1) Create something new every month.
Many months in the past year have gone by where I did not touch my sewing machine, crochet hook, or knitting needles. I've come to realize that in order to stay sane, I need to be creating something.

2) Learn a new skill or technique
I am a creature of habit, and I don't really like being pushed out of my comfort zone.  But in order to improve my skills as a sewist (or seamstress or what have you) I need to be learning more. I vow to incorporate a new skill in every project I make. That might include learning to sew a new fabric, trying out a new stitch pattern, perfecting my handwork, or trying my hand at tailoring.

3) Blog all of my creations
I see this blog as a sort of online portfolio for my sewing, knitting, and crocheting creations, but in order to do that, I need to actually get down to the nitty gritty of preparing and writing blog posts. This is a little bit of a challenge for me. I will be pushed out of my comfort zone by documenting the procedure ( I usually fly by the seat of my pants), keeping notes, and taking photos of my outfit in public settings.

4) Work on networking
This one goes along with number 3. I read a LOT of blogs, but rarely comment or engage in conversation with the bloggers. I sort of consider myself to be shy when it comes to social networking. I've started branching out on instagram, liking other peoples creations, and asking questions about patterns, fabric, yarn, etc. So far, everybody has been very lovely and helpful, and I don't see why I was so afraid! Here's to striking up conversations and forging new online friendships!

I feel like all of these are totally attainable goals for 2014. I look forward to seeing what comes of it!

What are some of your goals for the new year?

Love,
Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment