Monday, January 20, 2014

Faling Out Of Love

Hello Chickadees,

Do you ever fall out of love with a project? It starts off great. You are happy with your choice of material, you love the pattern that you've chosen. But the closer you get to the finish line, the more frustrated and annoyed you become with it? Stephanie from Yarn Harlot wrote an excellent post about this just the other day. You can check it out here.

I am having this issue with my Knit for Victory project. At first, I was LOVING the pattern. It looked lovely. I knew it was going to be nice and cozy warm. But each piece that I completed made me long for my next project. Now, I'm currently on the last piece, which also happens to be the largest one, and I feel like it takes some major will power to pull it out and start working on it. But alas, I have a deadline, and I believe that I can finish in time!

Here are a few shots of the completed piece:
Finished arms

Finished right and left front

In progress back

In the mean time, I'm taking a break from the monotony of cables with a little side project. I signed up for a knit exchange, and my partner has requested socks. I found out that she loves Dr. Who, so I settled on a pair of Tardis socks for her. I'll post some shots of those at a later date.

Love,
Rachael


No comments:

Post a Comment