Monday, January 5, 2015

What's in my Queue?

Hello Chickadees!

Now that Christmas knitting is all done, I'm very excited to have some time to work on some projects for myself. I am constantly cold, and the thought of new warm garments makes me very happy!

First up and already on the needles, Amy Herzog's Acorn Trail Cardigan. I've been drooling over this pattern for months, and I finally decided to knit it up. I love the combination of cables and lace, and I think it's going to be very warm for the following chilly months.
Acorn Trail
I cast on for this sweater on the 30th, and I've already finished the back and the front pieces. It's a nice quick knit, and the mix of pattern and stockinette keep it from being too painfully boring. I'm using KnitPicks City Tweed in the colour Romance, which is a merino/alpaca blend,and it's so warm and cozy once it's been washed. I'm very excited about this!

At the end of October, I started watching Outlander. For those of you that don't know, it's mostly based in Scotland in the mid 1700's. The costumes in this show are fantastic, especially the knitwear. I love the sort of "rustic" feel that some of the knits have, and I wanted that for myself. I decided that I needed to knit up a giant shawl in some warm brown tweedy yarn.

In my head, a shawl should be like a blanket that is socially acceptable to wear out of the house. I stumbled across Brooklyn Tweed's Ashby, and it really fits the bill. Lots of texture and cables which help to keep the heat in, and it's huge! The wingspan on this thing is about 66", which is pretty awesome.
Ashby
This will be knit up in KnitPicks Wool of the Andes Tweed in the colour Reindeer Heather. I love the mixture of colours in this yarn! I can't wait to snuggle up in this one.

I always have some sort of smaller project on the go to keep in my purse. I need something that is boring enough that I can knit it while still holding an actual conversation. I just cast on a Multnomah Shawl using Knit Picks Gloss in the colour Doe. I plan on making it larger than specified in the pattern, because I'm all about the giant shawl/blanket things. I'm still working on the endless garter stitch section, so it's still a great project for when you're on the bus/car/waiting for food/at church/anywhere where you'd need to keep your hands occupied. It's great!

Multnomah

What are you guys working on, now that the Christmas Crafting Craze is over?

Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment