Saturday, April 26, 2014

Knitting for Babies

Hello chickadees!

I am of the age where many of my friends from school and church are having babies. This is a wonderful time, especially as a "crafty" person because it provides many opportunities to bless my friends with adorable handmade items!

A while ago my friend Tayler announced that she was having a baby boy. Exciting news! I was invited to the baby shower, and so I figured that I would knit something special! 



What better way to celebrate the arrival of a new precious bundle of joy! 

The yarn is Knit Picks Comfy Worsted, and had been hanging out in my stash for a bit. I had originally planned to use it to knit a cotton version of the Miette sweater, but could not get a nice looking gauge. It was perfect for this little project! 


This sweater had so many false starts! I knew that I wanted a cardigan, preferably raglan sleeved, and not too girly. I started knitting it about 8 different times and hated all of them, until I finally settled on this modified version of Brenna Kotar's Hoot Cardigan. Instead of the owl cables, I just used a simple 6 stitch cable pattern. All of the edges are finished with I-cord. 
I even found the cutest little puppy dog buttons!

The booties are my own pattern, basically just a teeny tiny sock finished again with I-cord. Are they not the most precious thing? If these little guys don't start your baby fever, nothing will. 


The sweater was a hit! Now we're just waiting for baby to arrive! 

The mama-to-be loved it!

Love,
Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment